Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Prints prints prints


I decided to create some more prints. 
The image below was taken of all my fabrics used to weave, both natural and synthetic and from a natural colour pallet and a chemical colour pallet, all tying into the tradtional against chemical theme. 


cropped around the image in photoshop and mirrored and flipped the image to create a repeat pattern. 




I also created a print by mirroring and flipping my weave design. 






I also created a print from another image I took at the modernised tannery - Pittards in Somerset. I used a modernised technique on the image in Rebelle (a digital software) which created the drippy inks effect.



I then mirrored the image.



I then took this into a repeat.




I created another print from the natural hide shape...





And I created a print from an image I took of my rouching of my trousers.






I decided to stick to my idea of using the cowhide layers print done by both traditional and modernised printing techniques to use on my jacket to represent modernisation and tradition working together in harmony.














No comments:

Post a Comment