Saturday, 12 March 2016

Digital embroidery




Here is another photo I took from the traditional tannery at J & JF Baker in Devon. The photo are the cowhides after being soaked in a chemical solution ready to be naturally dyed. 


The image inspired me to develop pieces using both tradition and modernised methods.
Below I used the digital embroidery machine which depicts the different colours within the layers of the image to build up a picture. The outcome is on the bottom left of the sketchbook page. I do not believe this sample is successful as it is to much embroidery.




I then thought about separating the 8 layers so having there individual colour layers on its one layer of fabric.



These samples turned out successful, particularly the burgundy as it has enough embroidery but enough white space. I may use the individual embroidery techniques onto my final designs.  





No comments:

Post a Comment