From the tannery visits I learnt about the cow hide shape. The image below was taken at J & JF Baker, it shows the full cow hide laid out. From this I will take inspiration and investigate the hide shapes.
Below is the parts of the cow hide broken up taken from the J & JF Baker website. These shapes would be interesting to recreate in fabric to see what they could do and how they would sit on the body.
I took the 'belly' shape and cut it out of calico.
I then made a front panel and a back panel.
When putting the 3 shapes together I got this shape, with a cut out shoulder.
I then wondered what would happen by make a sleeve out of two of the 'belly' pattern pieces.
Bu stitching the two together I gained this shape with the puffy shoulder. This shape excites me and I wish to develop it further maybe into a jacket.
I continued to develop from the 'belly' shape and created this front panel of a dress using 2 pieces, one to create the structure with a folding dart, and one to manipulate - as my project involves tight manipulation.
I added the arm sleeve onto the dress - this is the outcome.
I also played around with the 'belly' shape to get this below.



















No comments:
Post a Comment