Monday, 30 March 2015

'Guide to Careers in Fashion'

Below is a link to a blog which gives a 'Guide to Careers in Fashion'.
http://www.mycreativefuture.co.uk/quick-guide-careers-fashion/
This blog is very interesting, stating that:

'Fashion buyers are the people that source and buy the clothes and accessories for clothes shops, online shops and department stores. They may work directly with in-house designers to develop fashion trends or with certain fashion brands to buy in key items that they know the customer would want and buy. For example, Fashion Buyers in Selfridges or Debenhams will buy in clothes from top designer labels and Footlocker will buy selective trainers from Nike to sell on to their customers.
In large retail companies, Buyers may be responsible for specific items such as the jewellery or the coats that are stocked in the stores. Buyers in smaller independent shops may be responsible for buying all the products that the shop has in stock.'


This blog states the idea of buyers may work directly with in-house designers to develop trends, this is interesting to know and sounds ideal towards what I would be looking at as a career. This is down to having a good eye for what the customer wants. I believe I would be able to work well with knowing exactly what the customer wants and why I believe buying is a perfect career for me. After working in retail for a numerous amount of years, along the way I have been able to build up relationships with customers and understand the exact customer need, and able to understand the target markets for ranges within store.
Buying seems to be the most ideal career path to work towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment